William Richardson Buck was the first of Thomas Buck V and Anne Richardson’s children. He was born on Feb. 28, 1776 and died on Oct. 27, 1823 at the age of 47. The cause of death was “bilious fever” which appeared epidemic in that year. He was buried in Buckton Cemetery, Virginia.
William Richardson Buck married Lucy Neville Blakemore April 8, 1802 when he was 26 years old; she was 17. Lucy Neville Blakemore, daughter of George Blakemore and Elizabeth Mauzy, was born on May 5, 1784. She died on May 18, 1859 at the age of 75 and was buried in Buckton Cemetery, Virginia.
William Richardson Buck and Lucy Neville Blakemore had the following children:
- Marcus Blakemore Buck, born Nov. 25, 1816; married Jane Letitia Bayly, 1841; died Nov. 30, 1881.
- George Augustus Buck was born on Apr. 12, 1807. He died on Apr. 18, 1835 at the age of 28 in Virginia.
- George R. Buck is included in the notes of William R. Buck as being born April 12, 1807 but dying April 18, 1835. He was buried in Buckton Cemetery, Virginia.
- Thomas Fayette Buck Sr., born Mar. 28, 1803, Virginia; married Elizabeth Peake, Feb. 26, 1839; died Sep. 25, 1874.
- Catherine E. Buck, born 1805; married John B. LaRue, 1843; died Jun. 27, 1882.
- William Mason Buck, born Aug. 30, 1809, Front Royal, Virginia; married Elizabeth Ann Ashby, Apr. 3, 1838, Front Royal, Virginia; died Sep. 23, 1895, Front Royal, Virginia.
- Henry Alexander Buck was born on Nov. 15, 1811. The memoirs of William Mason Buck actually gives his birthday as 1800 but this is probably a typographical error. He died on May 27, 1834 at the age of 22 in Pecan Grove, Louisiana.
- John Newton Buck, born Jul. 25, 1820; married Amelia Ann Buck, Oct. 2, 1849; died Oct. 25, 1875.
William Richardson Buck’s son, William Mason Buck, was a notable contributor to the history of the Buck family through his memoirs.