Mary Ann Buck was born on Nov. 18, 1787. She died on Apr. 5, 1851 at the age of 63 and was buried in Prospect Hill Cemetery, Front Royal, Virginia. It seems that many of the children of Thomas Buck V were buried in Prospect Hill Cemetery in Front Royal; however, Thomas Buck V was buried at the Buck Cemetery at Buckton.
Mary Ann Buck and George Bayly were married on Mar. 14, 1805. George Bayly, son of Pierce Bayly and Mary Payne, was born on Jun. 6, 1781 and died on Sep. 7, 1860 at the age of 79. He was buried in Prospect Hill Cemetery, Front Royal, Virginia.
The Buck family is closely aligned with the Bayly family. In turn, the Bayly family is closely aligned with the Pierce family beginning with William Pierce who came to Jamestown with Sir Thomas Gates in 1610 on the ship “Blessing”. The daughter of William Pierce and his wife Jane was also named Jane and was the third wife of John Rolfe who is famed for having married Pocahontas. William and Jane Pierce also had a son named William who married Sarah Underwood.
George Bayly and Mary Ann Buck had the following children:
- Thomas P. Bayly, (1806- )
- Robert Henry Bayly (1808 – 1872)
- Rebecca Elizabeth Bayly, born 1811; married Edward O. Hawkins, 1840.
- Alexander M. Bayly (1813 – 1813)
- George Marcus Bayly, born 1815; married Mary C. Starke, 1847.
- Mary Ann Bayly (1817-1873)
- Newton C. Bayly (1819 – 1822)
- Susan Payne Bayly, born 1827; married Thomas Fayette Blakemore, 1848; died 1913.